You can make your visit more enjoyable and help in the conservation of Sundarbans National Park by observing the following :
- Avoid drinking tap water and prefer filtered water or coconut water.
- Do not carry mineral water unless it is part of your medication as Sundarbans is a "No Plastic zone".
- Carry some light snacks and fruits with you to munch.
- Carry sunglasses, hats and sun tan lotion
- Preferably carry cash as possibility of accessing ATM is remote. Only SBI ATM is available at Gosaba.
- Carry common medicines for cough, cold, stomach upset etc.
- Most importantly, carry torch with spare batteries.
- Carry spare batteries for your cameras as you might not get a chance to recharge your batteries.
- Do not carry any polythene bag as Sunderbans National Park is a "No Plastic Zone".
- Don’t pollute the pristine habitat by throwing anything out from the boat/Launch.
- Don’t play any sound system including loud speakers or shouting as it disturbs wild life and co-visitors thumb rule is that no one should go out of water craft.
- Do not enter in the Sunderbans National park/Tiger reserve without valid permit which can be obtained from Sunderban Tiger reserve’s offices at Canning, Sonakhali, Sajnekhali.
- Staying within the Sunderbans National Park/Tiger reserve area is permitted only from Sunrise to Sunset.
- Hunting, fishing, damage to flora & habitat entry in core area and movement in non permitted forest locations is viewed as serious offence.